NUFF NANG

Monday, January 28, 2013

FATBOY FOR THE KIDS

Rascal chilling on his fatboy

Rascal is a pretty good boy as far as dogs go... He doesn't give me much trouble except for occasional naughtiness when out on his walks... But he does have one serious problem - he loves to destroy his beds!

We have gone through so many beds ever since he walked into our lives 6 years ago. He has chewed up everything that we have put down as bedding for him. He has destroyed cardboard boxes, cheap rugs from Ikea, expensive rugs, human comforters with covers, a really nice doggie bed I brought back from London, several rather expensive doggie type beds from petstores...and the list goes on...

You might say that I should just give up on beds for him, but you see he's quite thin and he needs a nice bed to lie on so that he has some sort of cushioning. I would imagine that it would be quite painful also to sleep in his crate without any bedding of sorts. And also because he's quite thin, I worry that he'd get cold on raining nights (although he always has his Thundershirt on when it rains).

Anyway I have been on the lookout for a tough and durable bed for him, and recently I have noticed loads of bean bags that are on sale at our malls. Most of these bags have pretty tough fabric, but so far I have not come across any that were actually made for dogs in KL. Until today that is...

I was meandering in Pavillion while waiting for some stuff to be fixed, and happened to walk into this store called molecule on the 6th floor. I saw some bean bags there and then saw that they were actually fatboy beanbags and they had the doggie version of their beanbags as well.

Cleo - trying out her fatboy

So you're thinking, what's the big deal with getting a doggie version? Well the first thing is that doggie version from fatboy is washable (with warm, soapy water) while most human versions from other brands are not (you can only wipe them clean). This I think is pretty important for most dog owners...


And secondly, as I have been looking at quite a few bean bags including the ones from doof (which are much much cheaper), I felt that the human ones are alot more chewable. The reason being that there are less beans (which allows you to turn it into many different shapes etc) and therefore gives the dogs more areas to chew on, and there are also edges that are very easily chewable...(see pictures above).

However, if your dog is not a chewaholic - then I think you should consider getting a normal human bean bag as they really are much cheaper.

In the mean time, I will keep all of you updated as to how the bean bags are faring...Cleo and Lucky are usually quite good with their beds and so I think they will not destroy them. Hopefully, Rascal will not chew and destroy his bean bag... if he does, then I seriously won't know what to get him next...I might just have to leave him with no bed... :(

No comments:

Nuffnang