NUFF NANG

Friday, February 06, 2009

PROTEST THE CRUELTY OF OUR COUNCILS!

THE PROTEST
There will be a peaceful gathering at the DBKL pound in Setapak THIS WEEKEND to protest against this case. The media has been alerted too.
DATE: Saturday, 7th February 2009
TIME: 11:00am
VENUE:Pusat Kurungan Haiwan DBKL / DBKL Health Department Pound
Off Jalan Air Jerneh Kampung Air Kuning
Air Panas, Setapak
53300 Kuala Lumpur
Google map is available at http://tinyurl.com/dbklpound

*****************

The number of emails in my inbox over the last 2 days has been quite crazy...

I wish I could have responded sooner, but in any case most of you would have known by now that TV3 aired a damning revelation on it's programme 360 on Wednesday night.

For those of you who missed the programme, here's a snippet of it (see 01:18 - 05:00). Note that the dog is still breathing at 04:54...

Also see the article by Malay Mail regarding the issue.



I am not terribly surprised regarding the content of the programme - as I have had to deal with our local councils before - and the experience was not pleasant. See my previous posts here and also for first hand accounts from me on THE HELLISH CONDITIONS in the pounds.

What I am surprised is that this took place in the Setapak pound, where SPCA has a permanent station and neutering clinic. So what I would like to know is how can all this cruelty take place right under the noses of the SPCA?

In any case I need to say kudos to TV3 for revealing the truth, and I would also like to inform everyone that there will be a peaceful protest against the council this Saturday. Please spread the word, and remember every little counts.

A concerned and distressed Natasha

2 comments:

Snowball said...

I didn't dare to look at that video. I hope the situations will improve soon.

Luv
Snowball

Amber-Mae said...

I just watched the video & found it disgusting to watch! And this is just a small part of the dog catcher dragging it on the floor(but it still looks alive) but what about the murdering part? I think I'd puke!

Butt wiggles,
Solid Gold Dancer

Nuffnang