NUFF NANG

Thursday, August 30, 2007

SPLISH SPLASH I WAS HAVING A BATH...

My darling Cleo has to be the best dog in the shower...

She's such a good doggie that I actually love washing her. She "sits" when she's supposed to, lies "down" when she's told to, "stands" when it's the right time, and only ever "shakes" when I say it's okay to do so. She also enjoys being blow dried, and will normally have a long afternoon nap once the whole thing is over...

How to wash a Labrador (according to ME)

Step 1: Wet coat with warm water in the shower
Step 2: Lather up with Earth Bath Shampoo





Step 3: Rinse off Shampoo



Step 4: Lather up again with Earth Bath Shampoo



Step 5: Rinse thoroughly



Step 6: Towel dry thoroughly





Step 7: Let your Lab roll around with the towels



Step 7: Blow dry with a good strong hair drier! I like Nicky Clarke's hair driers!





Step 8: Let your lab have a nice long nap...



Anyway, to those of you who think that you might like to have a labrador, I thought you should know that labs, among other breeds, have a double coat that is waterproof. This makes washing alot HARDER than some other breeds. So to keep your lab smelling nice and clean all week, you need to double wash your lab every week, and dry your lab thoroughly...

It takes me about 45 minutes to an hour to get Cleo washed and dried, and that's very fast cause she's really good about it. With Husky Boy, it takes me over 2 hours cause he's bigger and he hates his weekly showers, so he fights and that makes everything even HARDER...

So think carefully before getting yourself a dog, cause apart from the money that you need to spend on food, medical bills etc, you need to spend alot of TIME on your dog!!! And if you have more than one, that means even more MONEY and TIME!!! I spend about 5 hours a week just to wash my three monsters!

Note that all dogs should be washed at least once a week in this hot and humid climate! And another important thing to note is that in the event that your dog gets wet for whatever reason, wipe them down with a clean and damp towel, and then dry them thoroughly!!!

4 comments:

Amber-Mae said...

Awww...Cleo is such a good girl & her bath sounds soo much better then mine! Coz I'm usually chained & then forced to stand still while I'm being scrubbed down with those smelly shampoo stuff. My face also gets scrubbed. I get scrubbed thoroughly only once & then rinsed. But not over yet! After that washed down with diluted clothes conditioner. That's usually the last rinse after brushing teeth but now days, it's not the last! After that, I get soaked in bayticol water which smells like poo poo! YUCKS! Then ofcourse I get wiped down & then dried. How come for you it takes longer two wash two short haired dogs & one fluffy one? My mommy only takes about 2-3hours doing us all herself. Mommy always complaint about back ache after that...Well, served her right! Who asked her to give us a bath in the first place? Heeheehee...

Love licks,
Solid Gold Dancer

Wandernut said...

So cleverrr Cleo...

Sunshine's quite easy to bathe, but it's impossible to dry her with a towel cos she'd want to play tug of war with it! She's also terrified of the noise hairdryers make! It's hilarious :D

I love that pic of Cleo rolling about her towel! TOO CUTE!

Katherine and Pippa said...

Mistress does not bath me, and has not bathed her other dogs.

Of course her labrador was always in and out of water - the sea, the river.. ..

But, her and master have always towelled off wet doggies, so we don't get any colds.

Myself I like to do a good shake. And make a mess.

Pippa

Natasha Fernz said...

Hi Amber...

Errr I am not sure about the diluted clothes conditioner... maybe you should get like a regular conditioner for us fur-kids... there are quite a few good brands in Pet Safari...

And well Husky and I take ages to wash cause we have double water proof coats, and we take ages and ages to dry!!! And my mommy gets a back ache too after she finishes.

WanderNut,

I used to love to play tug of war with the towels when I was younger, but now I have grown up and have learnt to enjoy the belly rubs etc that I get when Mommy dries me. I sometimes fall asleep in Mommy's lap when she's drying me...

Pippa,

I guess it's not so bad in Spain cause it's not as humid as it is here, and somehow doggies seem so much cleaner in Europe even without baths!

Hugs to all
Cleo

Nuffnang