NUFF NANG

Friday, August 03, 2012

HOME MADE CRACKLING

Went to get the kids' supply of pork ribs, steaks and hearts this morning, and my butcher asked if I wanted to have some pork skin... I said okay and gosh he gave me like 2kg worth of it for just a few bucks.

I wasn't quite sure what to do with it when I came home when I suddenly thought I'd turn it into crackling for the kids...

Basically, I gave the skin a good scrub and then used a pair of tweezers to get some of the hair that was still stuck in the skin out. You don't really have to do this cause the kids don't mind it, but I'm just fussy that way.

I then cut the skin into strips... and dried them as thoroughly as I could with paper towels. Then I laid them out on a baking tray lined with baking paper and stuck it in the oven. You need to turn up the heat in your oven to the max and then leave the crackling in there for about 30 mins or till it gets all golden and crunchy!

Once it's done, take it out and put it on a paper towel to drain the excess oil and let it cool! Can't wait till the kids try some a little later!

No comments:

Nuffnang