NUFF NANG

Sunday, July 11, 2010

Lucky and The Thunder Shirt



This is a video of Lucky - a dog I rescued almost 3 years ago. We love him to bits but he has been one of the most challenging dogs I have ever had.

We have never been able to put anything on him except a collar (and even then we risk being bitten!).

Recently I attended a course on TTouch and Clicker Training with Sarah Fisher and her TTouch Team in Bath, UK. The lessons I have learnt from Sarah and her team have been most enlightening.

I have been using the Tellington Touch on Lucky and "clicker" training him for just 2 weeks and the results have been amazing.

In this video, I am putting on a Thunder Shirt (a specially designed shirt for dogs with various issues) recommended by Sarah Fisher.

This isn't a very elegant video (as I am still learning alot about clicker training), but there are 2 main things to note:

1. I have now managed to get the Thunder Shirt on Lucky in 1 minute 20 seconds.
2. Lucky has not snapped or growled at me like he normally does.

When I first started two weeks ago, it took me 30 minutes!!!

Will be posting more videos of Lucky and his progress with the clicker!

1 comment:

Minnie-Moo (Rescue Lab) said...

That's great :-)

Muzzle (my human mum) took my collie brother to see Sarah a few years ago and uses some basic TTouch on him, along with Reiki and other things, and finds it really helps relax him.

She's also looking at getting him a Thundershirt to see if it helps him when the fireworks start.

Minnie-Moo, UK

Nuffnang