NUFF NANG

Thursday, September 06, 2007

QUOTABLE QUOTES

*************************

" A prostitute was guided by God's truth and ultimately went to paradise because she gave water to a dog dying of thirst in the desert" (Bukhari, "Anbiya'," 54; Muslim, "Salam," 153).

And for the other women, Allah's Apostle said, "A woman was tortured and was put in Hell because of a cat which she had kept locked till it died of hunger." Allah's Apostle further said, (Allah knows better) Allah said (to the woman), 'You neither fed it nor watered when you locked it up, nor did you set it free to eat the insects of the earth." Bukhari, Volume 3, Book 40, Number 553

*************************

Dogs are not our whole lives, but they make our lives whole. - Roger Caras

A dog is the only thing on earth that loves you more than he loves himself. - Josh Billings

The reason a dog has so many friends is that he wags his tail instead of his tongue. - Anonymous
If there are no dogs in Heaven, then when I die I want to go where they went. - Will Rogers

The average dog is a nicer person than the average person. - Andy Rooney

We give dogs time we can spare, space we can spare and love we can spare. In return, dogs give us their all. It's the best deal man has ever made. - M. Ackklam

Dogs love their friends and bite their enemies, quite unlike people, who are incapable of pure love and always have to mix love and hate. - Sigmund Freud

If I have any doubts about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven, and very, very, few persons. - James Hurber

If you pick up a starving dog and make him prosperous, he will not bite you; that is the principal difference between a dog and a man. - Mark Twain

You can say any foolish thing to a dog, and the dog will give yo a look that says, "Wow, you're right! I never would've thought of that!" - Dave Barry

If I have any beliefs about immortality, it is that certain dogs I have known will go to heaven and very, very few persons. - James Thurber

My goal in life is to be as good a person as my dog already thinks I am. - Unknown

The great pleasure of a dog is that you may make a fool of yourself with him and not only will he not scold you, but he will make a fool of himself also. - Samuel Butler

For me a house or an apartment becomes a home when you add one set of four legs, a happy tail, and that indescribable measure of love we call a dog. - Roger Caras

I have found that when you are deeply troubled, there are things you get from the silent, devoted companionship of a dog that you can get from no other source. - Doris Day

Heaven goes by favor. If it went by merit, you would stay out and your dog would go in. - Mark Twain

He is your friend, your partner, your defender, your dog. You are his life, his love, his leader. He will be yours, faithful and true, to the last beat of his heart. You owe it to him to be worthy of such devotion. - Unknown

A dog has the soul of a philosopher. - Plato

If you want a friend for life, get a dog. - Harry S Truman

Dogs are my favorite people. - Richard Dean Anderson

No one, who has never pursued and successfully caught his tail, can have experienced to the fullness the true sense of achievement and satisfaction. - Rosalind Welcher

If you are a host to your guest, be a host to his dog also. - Russian Proverb

My dog friends seem to understand my limitations and always keep close beside me whan I am alone. I love their affectionate ways and the eloquent wag of their tails. - Helen Keller

To err is human, to forgive, canine. - Anonymous

No matter how little money and how few possessions you own, having a dog makes you rich.-Louis Sabin

Dogs have given us their absolute all. We are the center of the their universe. We are the focus of their love and faith and trust. They serve us in return for scraps. It is without a doubt the best deal man has ever made. - Roger Caras

I once decided not to date a guy because he wasn't excited to meet my dog. I mean, this was like not wanting to meet my mother. - Bonnie Schacter

My love, a love that's through and through. For my loyal friend, my dog, that's you. - Anonymous

Perhaps the final test of anybody's love of dogs is willingness to permit them to make a camping ground of the bed. - Henry T. Merwin

I think God will have prepared everything for our perfect happiness (in Heaven). If it takes my dog being there, I believe he'll be there. - Reverend Billy Graham

Whenever I feel poor, I remember that I'd rather have my dogs than other people's money. - S. Conant

Money will buy you a pretty good dog, but it won't buy the wag of his tail. - Henry Wheeler Shaw

If your dog doesn't like someone you probably shouldn't either. - Unknown

Old dogs, like old shoes, are comfortable. They might be a bit out of shape and a little worn around the edges, but they fit well. - Bonnie Wilcox

In order to really enjoy a dog, one doesn't merely try to train him to be semi-human. The point of it is to open oneself to the possibility of becoming partly a dog. - Edward Hoagland

Dogs are our link to paradise. They don't know evil or jealousy or discontent. To sit with a dog on a hillside on a glorious afternoon is to be back in Eden, where doing nothing was not boring -- it was peace. - Milan Kundera

Dogs never talk about themselves but listen to you while you talk about yourself, and keep up an appearance of beig interested in the conversation. - Jerome K. Jerome

No comments:

Nuffnang